Friday, June 27, 2008

My Little Boy is Big!


Ellie and Garyn snugglin'

On the 18th, we went to the pediatrician for Garyn's 2 month check up. Luckily, his colic is getting better, his cradle cap is better and he's HUGE! His birth weight was 8 lbs 10 oz, and now he weighs 13.6 lbs and is 24 1/4 inches. He's a good eater and a good sleeper.

He smiles and coos a lot these days. Ellie loves to talk to him and make him smile. But, when he's upset, she sings to him to calm him down. In the mornings when I am getting ready, she likes to snuggle with him on mommy's pillow and watch cartoons. She is such a great big sister.

Watching my son grow so fast is wonderful, but it is bittersweet sometimes because you love to cuddle and hold him, and you know that in a couple of months he won't want to cuddle all the time. It's really sad when you finally realize that your favorite outfit is too small! Believe it or not my son can wear some 6 month stuff!

Can't wait to see what my beautiful, fascinating children will do next!

4 comments:

Stacia said...

Well, look at little Amanda and little Wes! They ARE growing so fast! It sounds like Ellie got her mommy's sensitivity. I love it when you post pictures of them...but I wish I could snuggle too!

Sara Nickson said...

What a sweet picture. I love the snuggle pictures. I can't believe Garyn is that big! Sydney was 11 1/2 pounds at 2 mos, now 15 1/2 lbs. They grow so fast. Don't you just love every minute?!

Our Shields' Story said...

What sweet precious babies!!! I am so loving your beautiful plate. What a treasure! Miss you guys!

Heather said...

You are so right - but it is nice when your 8 year old does decide to snuggle with you, too:) Cute picture!